Marriage is a joyous time because everything is laid out before you and your soon-to-be spouse. You’ll have years together to build your perfect life and love every minute of it. However, first, you have to plan the wedding!
A wedding takes a lot of planning, and you’ll want to be sure of every little detail. Someone will have to organize the food, the guests, the parking, the seating and most importantly, the photographs. When you look back at the amazing wedding you pulled off, you will want to remember it in vivid detail!
One of the easiest ways to get amazing photos is to use Photojournalism or Documentary Style Wedding photography. Most wedding photographers will just offer you standard shots like taking your vows and cutting the cake. A photojournalistic approach will get the behind the scenes pictures that take you right back to the day, and make you feel like you are there again.
When meeting with a potential wedding photographer there are a few questions you always need to ask:
- What style do you use? Many people make the mistake of thinking photographers are all the same. They may all take pictures, but they do it in very different ways. You need to find out whether you are dealing with someone experienced in formal, artistic, photojournalistic, and candid or portrait styles. To make it easier for them to tell what you want, you could bring some examples of the photo styles you like.
- Can we make requests for specific shots? You always want a photographer that will get the best shots, but you also need one that will take the photos you want.
- Will you be taking the photos or will it be someone else? Find out whether the professional will be taking your photos or if they will be handing it off to an assistant you never met.
- How many weddings have you shot? Just like any other contractor, you need to find out there level of experience.
- Do you have a written agreement for us to look over covering terms of service and pricing? Always get the terms of service and pricing in writing. Just in case there is a problem, and you need to fall back on them.
- Do you have references? This is the most important question you can ask. If everyone is happy with the photographers work, then you can feel more confident in your choice.
You want to find a wedding photographer that understands your wants and needs for your big day! These are just some examples of great questions to ask your potential photographer so that you can make sure that they’re they perfect match for you!